Thursday 16 February 2017


If I wasn’t everything that you think I am – everything that I think I am – would you still want to help me?
 (Sherlock meta by akajustmerry)




This scene kills me because he thinks he needs to explain himself and justify himself, because he has to do that with everyone else. He thinks he’ll have to manipulate her, or beg her because, even though it’s all a lie, Moriarty did make sure that he cut everyone who would believe in him off.

But not her. Not Molly.

Molly offers help before he even asks, “What do you need?” and he even tries to tempt her out of it, “if I wasn’t everything…” and she still just asks, “what do you need?”

People always applaud Sherlock for being so self aware but he’s so aware of everyone else too. He knows Molly would do anything for him and here he almost wishes she wouldn’t because he’s going to ask her to be a part of this big lie that’s going to hurt the people he cares about most (including her and him) and he knows she’ll say yes.

Don’t let anyone tell you that Sherlock Holmes isn’t aware of how much Molly loves him. Don’t tell me the fall was easy for him, Don’t tell me that when he said he thought he was going to die, that he didn’t believe that at least some of him would.

No comments:

Post a Comment