Thursday 23 February 2017


'I Love You' by Sherlock is in a Romantic Way. Of Course it’s Forced. It meant to be Forced.
 (Sherlock meta by adahgee)

After the ‘I love You’ phone call, Mycroft said: “Sherlock, however hard that was…”

It was hard for Sherlock to say I love you because he actually means it. Romantically. Or in between Platonic and romantic sense, I don’t know what it’s called, but definitely not platonic.

If Sherlock doesn’t mean it, of course he knows he might be giving Molly false hope or he might hurt her, he might open wounds in her, etc. or whatever, by saying 'I love you' too her. But hear me out. Given the urgency of things, his friend might just die in less than 30 secs, I know sherlock would immediately say it because his friend will die if he won’t say it at the expense of hurting her feelings. Sherlock would immediately choose to hurt her feelings to save his friend. He can say that without difficulty if just to save a friend’s life considering that they are running out of time.

But. But. But. It’s not just about saving Molly, (but of course it’s primarily and most importantly about saving Molly) it’s also about acknowledging what he truly feels for her. He would not stammer if he didn’t mean it. He is struggling to open up, to bare his emotions, but finally the fear of losing the one he ought to say those words to, forced those complicated emotions out of him. (bonus: he gently touched the coffin, then went berserked. Need I say more?)

So what if the “I love you" is forced? That’s the point, isn’t it? To corner Sherlock, to bare his feelings, that he himself may not even be fully aware he has.

[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment