Thursday 16 February 2017


If there weren’t any feelings of a romantic nature from Sherlock’s side, Molly would not have asked him to say it first
 (Sherlock meta by rebeltimedork)

I have to take something off my chest, it’s real quick.

For me if there weren’t any feelings of a romantic nature from Sherlock’s side no way Molly would have asked him to say IT first. No fucking way, either she would have sensed he was in danger and would bring herself to say it reluctantly. That would have probably been the end of their friendship as it were or she would have hung up, feed up of their history and bye boy bye.

I know that during S1 the writers wanted to frame her as having a crush and I know unrequited love exists and is valid. But Molly is a character that sees something, honestly we have no idea how perceptive she is, i.e. to what extent and how she works it out. And let’s not get started with all the scenes that play out off screen. And the ongoing ambiguities. The Unknown suggests there are reasons, sensible reasons, for Molly to see that Sherlock has something for her but she never ever pushed him, she might expect it from him -xmas gift/dinner?solve crimes?/is that your gf’s phone?- because she likes/loves Sherlock therefore he’s likable/lovable and she sees *something*, but there are boundaries and that phone-call erased the hell out of that line.

*For me* she asked him because:

  1. “oh if it’s so fucking easy, go on you do it first and let’s see how effortless and simple it is to say those words” and 
  2. “well now that we’re here, let me hear you say it, you go first, don’t suggest, say the words. I want to know if i’m wrong or not” and 
  3. “you are not going to be smooth and all if you knew that these words mean to you”. 
That was the 11th hour, *for me* the moment of Truth, pure and simple, and she’s going to get it from him. The first time he says ILY she’s not shocked “you moron so this is how you were going to say it” because yeah *for me* she kinda knew how he felt for her and he had, although barely, passed her test. But that’s not enough. For the second time, the ILY is not only meant it’s revealed. The first one was real but the second one was different. He didn’t just love her now, he has always longed for her, longed for it, and I’m pretty sure several flashbacks went into her head, that she pondered like fanvideos. As in, all this time, after all these years, she was right?

There is this quote, that for the life of me cannot get out of my head and I don’t really know why, I can’t work it out so I might need your help. It’s from ACD The Devil’s Foot, in which btw SH let’s a murderer loose because of personal ethics.

“I have never loved. But if I did, and if the woman I had loved had met with such an end, I might act even as our lawless lion-hunter has done.”

It’s under read more because it’s in the back of my head whenever I think about the coffin scene and I can’t make a proper connection; ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment