Saturday 25 February 2017


Sherlock and John at the end of TLD
 (Sherlock meta by unreconstructedfangirl)

[In TLD] John completely lost his mind and acted like the world’s biggest gold medal dickhead, and then admitted that he doesn’t know how to be the man they all think he is, but he wants to be that man. Meanwhile, Sherlock continued his campaign of ridiculous self-abnegation in an effort to save John, showing that he is not only heroically selfless, but also completely stupid and desperately needy. He really, really can’t do it alone. He will do anything.

Then get this! These two massive fuck ups hugged, and went out to have some cake. 

I feel like so many of us around here are over-leaping this massive development to demand something more definitive, but this was John Hamish Watson ugly snot crying into the front of Sherlock’s pretty, pretty shirt, and Sherlock (!!) physically comforting him with his big beautiful hands. It was huge! It was beautiful! It moved me! It was love and tenderness, and actual inyimacy, and real change in these two characters who, let’s face it, are seriously emotionally challenged, but who love each other despite it all. [...]

Personally, this kind of painful, incremental movement and understated cataclysm is what, the more I think about it, I want! I’ve watched it three times now, and it slays me. Oh my god, they are [...] idiots, and I love them. I am getting what I want from this story. I hope they all manage to continue to make it very clear what this relationship is in a fundamental way, and at the same time letting it simply have it’s own, deeply affecting nature, even if that is undefined and unlabeled and open to interpretation and full of problems. All I want is for them to be together.

I don’t need more proof. I can see a church by daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment