Saturday 28 January 2017


Why was Anderson working in the morgue in TAB?
 (Sherlock meta by mae-jones)

Alright, so this seemed a strange place to have Anderson to me as he and Molly have never worked together in the regular series. He should have been chumming with Lestrade but he was instead the intermediary between Sherlock and Molly’s morgue confrontation. So, as you know, I like to grasp at any Sherlolly straws I can get!

Remember, the TAB special largely takes place in Sherlock’s mind, including this scene. So, who is the one known canon Sherlolly shipper in the BBC show? Well, it’s Anderson who imagined them lip-locking in ‘The Empty Hearse’. I have no doubt Anderson repeated that little theory of his enough times that Sherlock knows about it.

Do you see where I’m going? Anderson is the only one who believes Sherlock could have real feelings for Molly. I think if Sherlock was adverse to that idea, he would keep them very separate in his mind palace. His placing of Anderson subservant to his queen gave me a lot of feels. Even in his mind, Sherlock places Molly with someone who sees her worth and holds her in high esteem (as well as wants to see them connected).

Haha, put that in your shipping pipe and smoke it!

No comments:

Post a Comment