Sunday 15 January 2017


John's blog 
 Sherlock meta by inevitably-johnlocked)

thefellowshipofthedragonmark:

Hello! I was wondering, could you explain what was going on with the blog, and everybody thinking it was Sherlock's and not John's? I was rather confused about that part. Thank you! :)

inevitably-johnlocked:

Hi Lovely! Yeah, I have NO IDEA what’s going on. I think we’re MEANT to be confused about what exactly is happening. Here’s my speculation: TLD is from John’s POV, and it deals with a lot of his insecurities and low self esteem. People like his blog because it’s about Sherlock, but they don’t really know that it’s John doing it… John doesn’t think people think John is important, so from his perception, if Sherlock does it people love it, but if he does it, no one cares (hence the lame response to his presence at the hospital). John doesn’t think he compares to Sherlock (we see this with self-loathing he does all episode), so from his perspective, no one actually really knows who he is – he’s realizing that he DOES gush about Sherlock on his blog a lot.

I don’t think he hates that though, but I think it’s just more he doesn’t believe he’s useful to Sherlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment