Saturday 28 January 2017


Sherlock and Sex and Eurus’ deduction
 (Sherlock meta by mae-jonespenelope1730 and strawberrypatty)


mae-jones:

Did anyone else interpret Eurus’ question to Sherlock after he started playing the violin in TFP as - have you EVEN had sex? Then she follows up with (paraphrasing) “I have, it wasn’t that great.” To me that moment was kind of her way of saying, “Meh, you’re not missing out on anything, bub.”

So, maybe he still hasn’t had sex at all? Doesn’t it kinda make sense? There is only one other person who can read Sherlock the same and it’s Molly Hooper. When she teases him in Series 3, I think she was kinda poking at him like, “Sex is awesome. Sex with me is even awesome-r. You coulda had me and I would have rocked your world.”

Anyhow, did anyone else read it as Sherlock still hasn’t made that leap?

penelope1730:

Now that you ask…I actually had to go watch that scene again. On the first viewing, I took for granted the answer is ‘yes’ - he’s had sex. But, now that I have my detective goggles on, Eurus is clearly puzzled as to whether or not that he has. She immediately knows the music is about longing, especially sexual longing, but can’t figure him out. But, that’s about her.

I’m gonna stick with, Yes, he’s had sex. Maybe with Irene (if you go with BC’s comments) or maybe not. But, I definitely believe he and Molly have had sex. Just mho, tho. :)

strawberrypatty:

I think the comment can be taken a couple of different ways. This is actually something that can be taken as a complaint about the episode. Moffat and Gatiss played it incredibly safe by trying to be as ambiguous as possible in terms of Sherlock and relationships.

While Sherlock has never been about relationships, it has been an element present throughout the show, especially as it progressed. However, the fandom has been so vicious in terms of shipping, when they did make reference to Sherlock and relationships, they made the comments ambiguous in order to leave it up to the audience.

When Eurus asks if Sherlock has had sex, there is the question as to whether or not he has and with whom. When Sherlock says “I love you” to Molly there is question as to whether or not he meant it and what way he meant it.

But considering the relationship between Irene and Sherlock in A Scandal in Belgravia, Moffat and Cumberbatch’s comments and the callback to Irene in The Lying Detective, the fact that Eurus asks this question after Sherlock plays Irene’s Theme implies that Sherlock has had sex and it was with Irene.

But I’ve seen it debated, so it was left open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment