Friday 3 March 2017


Two good friends who have been through all sorts of shit together who just need to say 'I Love You'...
 (Sherlock meta by theleftpill)

Q: [Eurus] sits back and watches them both go completely bonkers. Literally fall apart over something as simple as saying 'I love you'. Two good friends who have been through all sorts of shit together who just need to say 'I love you' – for a case, for a game, for a dare. I mean, how difficult should that be? Well. If there were no complications, it would be simple and quick. But things have become quite complicated with those two under their facade of "You're my friend. We're friends". All Eurus in fact [has] done is metaphorically put these two people in a room together and put before them the word 'love'. And they both go completely bezerk, completely lose it. And in the process, the facades come crashing down. And when I saw Sherlock on the floor, with his back to the wall, still shaking with all the shards around him. -those shards, that's his facade in pieces right there. Not clumsy at all, Eurus, not clumsy at al.

A: [...] I am in complete agreeance - the very existence of the struggle from both of them proves “ILY” is legit. I mean, it’s no surprise from Molly, but Sherlock should have breezed his part, right? And I love your parallel of the coffin being his facade. What I love about that moment is its complexity: he’s destroying his facade, he’s raging against his entrapment and manipulation, he’s punishing himself for hurting Molly - and how does he feel about all that??? I don’t get the feeling that the rampage is entirely controlled or deliberate; Sherlock doesn’t go off like that. He doesn’t even know what he’s feeling or why he’s doing it.

But you’re right - making these two finally face what’s really going on between them was hugely destructive in the best way. If nothing else makes Sherlolly canon, this does:

Two good friends who have been through all sorts of shit together who just need to say I love you – for a case, for a game, for a dare. I mean, how difficult should that be? 
If there were no complications, it would be simple and quick. 

Nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment