Monday 20 March 2017


Moftiss ship Sherlolly
 (By anonymous and mizjoely)

Anonymous: I can't help but add my two cents about Moftiss and their take on Sherlolly and post series 4 interviews. I totally agree with you that they deliberately kept all ships possible and ambiguous enough so any shipper can be happy (except for jl as TPTB went out of their way to show those two men are attracted to female part of population ;) alas it still can be shipped as two guys raising Rosie together etc etc) anyway. I like that's it all left to our interpretation, yet I can't stop feeling that Sherlolly has become a secret pleasure and the OTP of Moftiss. Yes, I include both Steven and Mark here. It's no secret that Steven ships Sherlolly, he even admitted it on s3 extras. But I also think Mark ships them too for it's him who wrote the shippiest moments of them and now doesn't deny what Sherlock feels but tries to keep it ambiguous. Why I think Sherlolly is this secret OTP of Moftiss? We're the only ship that [gets a] liplock on screen (true, it's Anderson's crazy theory butstill it has been shown on screen -I always felt it was an indulgence of Steven on his desire to see those two together, so he came up with a way for it to happen). Then the ILY scene. It had been added as a last afterthought/makeover of a scene no one liked except them. So if they couldn't have had a puzzle t hey went for ILY. Which is one of the biggest deals in this show. And who is it aimed at? Molly. Because they needed to change their scene why not make it into something they secretly would like to see but were keeping from doing to keep it neutral? Let's make it pleasurable to ourselves if the puzzle needs to be changed. So while still keeping it all ambigous it's actually quite obvious and self indulgent. Also all those tiny moments with tons for Sherlolly interpretation. Sherlolly has always been in the back of their minds. Subconciously at first then deliberately in the end. (I truly need to write some proper meta on this.)

mizjoelyHowever the showrunners feel about the ship, they definitely gave us a lot in a very economical manner. If I had to pick a quote to encapsulate my feelings about both Molly Hooper and her screen time, it would definitely be “Though she be but little she be fierce.” Thanks for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment