Wednesday 22 March 2017


Sherlolly Thoughts
 (Sherlock meta by temporarymuse42)

So, I’ve been thinking about the ILY scene (because it hasn’t been analyzed to death already) and I had a thought:

When Sherlock says “I love you” the very first time, he does it so clinically, as if he’s giving Molly instructions, which other people have noted before. But its also in a very halting sort of manner. “I. Love. You.” Full stop after each word. As if he’s deliberately separating the phrase into fragments, words. Just words.

The rest of the time, right up until he’s forced into a corner, he never repeats it. He just keeps saying “these words” “do this for me” “say it”. He NEVER says it again until he does in an act of real desperation, and then once again (for no reason at all, I’m sure.)

You know how Molly couldn’t say “I love you” to Sherlock because it was true? So much so that she literally couldn’t say those words without meaning them?

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment